Lightning Cat Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Cat Forums

the real place to be

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
juniorfan89
juniorfan89

Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it. Empty
PostSubject: Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it.   Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Well, after getting my Master System like 2 months ago, I've gotten 12 games ( 9 for the Power Base Cartridge, 2 games inbedded into Master System, 1 for Card System), here's my opinions of the games I own and the ratings for the underrated 8-bit system and it's games.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World: Great game with Mario/Zelda-like elements where instead of jumping on enemies like in SMB1, you punch enemies from screen to screen and Zelda-like gameplay where you go to a store and you can choose and buy up to three items in a store and in a way, it somewhat like a RPG. Music sounds equally good if not better then it rivalry at the time Super Mario Bros, graphics look great for an early Master System Cartridge game. Only problem with the game is the random Janken Battles which is basically "Rock, Paper Scissors" except it fucking random as hell and the fact that the game's controls are sometimes slippery, it's pretty fun and a classic for the SMS. Overall score: 8.5/10

Rampage: A great port of the original Bally-Midway arcade game. The game has the same classic gameplay where you smash buildings and eat humans. Game has good music, though, it only has like 2 or 3 soundtracks in the game and that's it. Graphics look pretty good for a Master System, though, I think they should've made more scenery for the background. Overall score: 9.2/10

Mononpoly: Haven't played it.

Rambo: Haven't played it.

Rocky: The game is mediocre and basically a button masher when you go from training to facing 1 of the 3 oppenents from Apollo, to Clubber Lang, to the very tough Ivan Drago. Speaking of 3 oppenents, that's all you face as even for a Master System game it's very short which sucks because in Mike Tyson's Punchout for the NES you face at least 5 times more of the amount of opponents you face in Rocky which is why the game is lackluster. Speaking of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, there's the "Unlimited Count Rule" which means the opponent can get up and start back up punching you again for an unlimited amounts of counts or rounds which makes the game very tedious/boring. Graphics look great as the oppenents are wearing the appropriate shorts for boxing; however, when you get to the cut-scenes where you knock down an oppenent or vice versa, you hump the floor like in Chris Chan's sex tape. Music's okay; however, none of the music used in any of the Rocky films are used in 8-bit format. Overall score: 5.6/10

Double Dragon: Three words for the gameplay: HALF FUCKING ASSERY!! Overall score: 6/10

Ghost House (Card): Game is pretty fun. It's another platformer where you punch ghouls, ghosts, and zombies on screen and reminds me of Elevator Action. For a card game, the graphics look great. Music is pretty livley for Halloween-based game. Overall score: 8.3/10

Shinobi: Good port of the Arcade version. Gameplay is the same run and slash gameplay where you save random abandon children to get power-ups and bonus stages while stopping foot soldiers and mercenaries. Music sounds compitent to the arcade version as it sounds good. Even the graphics look good. Overall score: 8/10

Ghostbusters: Gameplay is about as tedious, reduntant, and boring as the Atari 2600, Commodore 64, and NES ports. Gameplay is buying equipment, drive around, trapping ghosts, and getting money. Driving stages are better as the AI is not as random as the NES version and are slighty more fun. Graphics are pretty good for a SMS game, but more importantly, it's alot more colorful and alot more animated for the blandness of the Nintendo Port. Music sounds lively and is pretty good; however, like the NES version 1 song loops the entirety. Overall score: 5.2/10

Y's Vanished Omens: Underrated RPG franchise once again has made a great game. The game reminds me of Zelda with an overhead view to kill enemies and talk to people. Graphics look pretty good. Music sounds great as music from what I heard so far is catchy. Overall score: 9/10
Back to top Go down
Khanfacekhan

PostSubject: Re: Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it.   Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Here's my collection and my opinions of each.

Rambo: First Blood Part Two- This game is much better than the NES version, mainly because it shares gameplay elements with Ikari Warriors and Gain Ground, it's how you would expect a game based on the film to play. It looks like you can just gun your way through the hordes of enemies that come at you, but you actually have to use quite a bit of strategy.

Zillion: This is a lot like Metroid on the NES, and in a lot of ways superior, the only thing stopping it from being superior is the lack of the password save system, despite this the game is still a lot of fun and can be beaten in one sitting, you'll probably get a game over once or twice, but it is possible to beat this game in one sitting. Again it's a lot of fun.

Hang On: It's a basic motorcycle racing game, although I will say that I enjoy this game a lot more than the Genesis Sequel Super Hang On, and that is because the controllers are a lot tighter in this game. This game is great.

Safari Hunt: It's like duck hunt, except for in Safari Hunt the Light Phaser actually cooks the animals you shoot for you, so that you can can eat them as soon as you shoot them. I wish the Phaser would have that effect in real life, then I could shoot my aunts dog and eat it. Actually as much as I hate my aunts dog I don't think I could at it, it probably tastes awful.

Astro Warrior: This Shoot Em' Up is great for people who are just starting out in the genre, if you can master this game, you'll be able to move on with much more ease to more challenging games in the same genre like Robo ALeste and Ikaruga.

Quartet: This game is just weird, the story is weird (I might eventually post it here but I wont for now) and the enemies are weird ( they include flying giant lips for crying out loud that's very strange no?). It's an arcade style game where you have to first get to a boss, beat that boss, get the key, and then find the exit and open it with the key. The coolest thing about this game is the jet pack that you can get in every single level, but even with the jet pack this game is very difficult. This is one of those games that can be found for very cheap and, despite it's difficulty is very fun to play.

Outrun- It's like Hang On, but with a Ferrari Testarossa, and actual music. This game is a lot of fun, I can whole heartedly recommend this to anyone with a Sega Master System.

Sonic The Hedgehog (PAL): This version is completely different from the Sega Genesis version and virtually identical to the GameGear version (with slightly less colors) but I like this version better than the Game Gear version because there is more on the screen. Like all the other games on this list, this game is a lot of fun.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (PAL): This version is completely different from the Sega Genesis version and virtually identical to the GameGear version (with slightly less colors) but I like this version better than the Game Gear version because there is more on the screen. Like all the other games on this list, this game is a lot of fun.

There a quick review of all the Master System games in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Xfighter

PostSubject: Re: Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it.   Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am

Junior, if you want a pretty good SMS game, get Kings Quest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it.   Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sega Master System and opinions about the games I'm own for it.
Page 1 of 1